Thursday, October 2, 2008

October 2, 2008

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. But then, really, why am I apologizing to my readership of zero? Things have been busy, I've been sick, I lack inspiration, and at the same time nothing much has happened.
If anyone actually is reading this, thank you. As is obviously clear, I didn't get close to achieving my "70 Things that I would do this summer". I think the final tally rests somewhere around, oh, ten? However, I've come up with this resolve: Most of the things that were on my list were not specifically summer things. Really, they were just living-more-vibrantly-and-adventurously things. So...I'm going to spread them out over the school year and continue to do them. It will spice up a year that might have been otherwise unextroardinary.
I guess I'll just end with another poem, as there seems to be no better way to create blog posts without much thinking than to leach off other people's genius.

Magic, by Shel Silverstein
Sandra's seen a leprechaun,
Eddie's touched a troll,
Laurie danced with witches once,
Charlie's found some goblins' gold.
Donald heard a mermaid sing,
Susie spied an elf.
But all the magic *I* have known
I've had to make myself.

No comments: